Operating from Seaton & Linksfield neighbourhoods, and surrounding areas, we are a volunteer, lived experience & local resident led community charity. We believe in a salutogenic approach to community wellness. As such we are working with RGU, Scott Sutherland School of architecture, on a Seaton Vision. Visit Reimagining Seaton.
A ‘salutogenic’ approach is one that focuses on factors that support health and wellbeing, beyond a more traditional, ‘pathogenic’ focus on risk and problems.
This approach is widely used around the world – in health, education, workplaces, architectural design – and we believe it has enormous relevance in the transformation of the community.
‘Salutogenesis’ means ‘sources of health’ from the Latin word ‘salus’ (health) and the Greek word ‘genesis’ (source). Sociologist Aaron Antonovsky coined the term in 1968 to explain why some people manage to live well even when subject to extreme stress or illness.
Fully inclusive, without barriers or labels we are committed to positive change.
Welcoming guests from throughout Scotland.
To improve health & well-being, individual & community wellness, through outdoor activities, and education.
Partnerships with all local groups, services & professional bodies.
We aim to continually engage with local residents, with all regenerations being the creation of lasting legacies for the community.
‘Connect with nature, people helping people’
“Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.”, Henry David Thoreau
Our charitable purposes are:
· the advancement of health
· the advancement of citizenship or community development
· the relief of those in need by reason of age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage
FRESH will further these purposes by:
· Promoting and providing services which encourage individuals to improve their feelings of wellness and community
· Furthering knowledge in the community of the link between physical activity, health and wellness
· Working in partnership with other bodies to further the purposes.